On a hot summer day, nothing tastes better than a sweet, refreshing, and crispy piece of fruit. Finally, after months of being out of season, these fruits come just in time. Not only do these fruits taste heavenly, but there are ample health benefits that come along with eating them.
Together these health benefits and great tasting fruit make a perfect snack this summer for your loved ones. With a range of fruit for every tastebud, you are sure to find one you like.
Here are 5 fruits that are in season:
1. Blueberries A delightfully juicy fruit that will last all summer. They are said to improve cognitive skills, cardiovascular strength, and skin health.
2. Apricots Ripe in flavor and packed with nutrients they are also high in antioxidants. They can improve eye and gut health while being overall very hydrating.
3. Cantaloupe Large yet packed with a cold ripe flavor help reduce memory loss and various diseases.
4. Cherries This sour and sweet-tasting fruit may treat issues such as insomnia and arthritis. They help improve cardiovascular health as well.
5. Kiwi Vibrant and also tart, Kiwis are known to pack a lot of vitamin C and fiber.